This mango slush is an easy, healthy recipe that's a fresh and tasty way to keep cool on hot summer days. It's family-friendly (makes a great healthy kid snack!), but can also be adapted for a 21+ drink for the grown ups. And with just two main ingredients, this mango slushy could not be easier!
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- This mango slushy is easy to make - it requires two main ingredients and two minutes! That's it!
- There is no added sugar - just the natural sweetness of mango shining through!
- It's completely customizable - want it sweeter? Add a drizzle of honey. Want a brighter, fresher flavor? Add some lime juice. Want to make grown up slushies and add some vodka or rum? Go right ahead (as long as you're 21 and up!).
- It's very kid-friendly! It tastes like an ice-cold, refreshing, sweet mango slushie -- if they like mango, they'll like this!
Top Tips for Making a Mango Slush:
- Make sure your fruit is ripe! The best slushy texture is achieved when the mango is fresh and juicy.
- I always start a slush with a 2:1 ratio of fruit to ice. Feel free to play around with it, if you like yours more fruity or more icy, there's always room to make it your own!
- If your mango isn't very juicy (or if you're using frozen mango) you'll need to add some liquid. I like adding a little lime juice (I'm obsessed with its bright, citrusy flavor) but you can use water, juice (like pineapple, apple, white grape, or even mango nectar), or even your preferred liquor if you're over 21.
- Keep an eye on the blending - if you like your slushes a little icier, go for a little less time, but if you like a super smooth slush (like my kids do), blend the full two minutes.
- Oh yeah, and if you have leftovers? Grab a popsicle mold (we love this silicone one!), pour in any leftovers, freeze overnight, and enjoy a mango popsicle another day.
More Refreshing Recipes You'll Love:
- Pineapple Slush
- Strawberry Banana Blackberry Smoothie
- Mango Fresca
- Grape Agua Fresca
- Cucumber Lime Mint Fresca
- Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more healthy recipes and tips to create your own balanced relationship with food and health, be sure to follow Nutrition to Fit on Instagram!
- 2 cups mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend 1-2 minutes until smooth, or desired texture achieved.
- If using frozen mango or your mango isn't very juicy, you may need to add up to half a cup of liquid to help blend into a slushy texture.