Grape Agua Fresca is a refreshing summer beverage of blended grapes, water, and lime. It's perfect for Cinco de Mayo and summertime festivities!
Grape Agua Fresca may initially seem a little different of a choice for an agua fresca recipe. After all, most agua fresca recipes showcare the fruits like watermelon, pineapple, and strawberries in the beautiful, hydrating beverages. But I quickly learned grapes are a match made in heaven when blended with water and lime for a delightful grape agua fresca. In fact, after several rounds of agua fresca recipe testing, my husband still maintains this Grape Agua Fresca was his favorite!
Like all agua frescas, this Grape Agua Fresca makes a hydrating beverage choice packed with all the fiber and nutrients found in grapes. Other health benefits it has include:
- Grapes are rich in polyphenols, which can offer protection against disease and environmental damages.
- These same polyphenols may also protect against cardiovascular disease.
- Grapes contain polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) like linolenic acid, which is abundant in your skin. Dietary intake of PUFAs may reduce inflammation in the skin and improve skin sensitivity.
- Grapes are also a good source of Vitamin K, which is an essential nutrient for blood clotting.
- They contain a small about of soluble fiber.
One thing to note with this Grape Agua Fresca is that depending on the strength of your blender you may want to let it blend an extra 1-2 minutes. The peels on the grapes are a little tougher to blend than say watermelon, but with a little extra time you should be fine! The Grape Agua Fresca pictured here was not strained or filtered in any way.
Want to learn more about agua frescas and why they can be part of a healthy diet? Check out my post on How to Make Agua Fresca. And if you enjoyed this Grape Agua Fresca and want to try some other flavors, check out my other favorite agua fresca recipes, too:
- Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca
- Mango Agua Fresca
- Strawberry Ginger Agua Fresca
- Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Cucumber Mint Agua Fresca
Try making Grape Agua Fresca to enjoy as part of Cinco de Mayo festivities, bridal showers, baby showers, or hot summer days, they’re a refreshing addition to quickly blend together. If you make any of these agua fresca recipes, or if create your own, let me know what you think! Leave a comment (and rate the recipe!) below, and share a picture to social media (tag @nutritiontofit and #nutritiontofit).
Grape Agua Fresca
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice juice from ½ a lime
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, or until all ingredients are fully pureed.