Strawberry Ginger Agua Fresca is a refreshing summer beverage of blended fruit, water, lime, and a subtle kick from the ginger. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo and summertime festivities!
If you can’t tell from my How to Make Agua Fresca post and the different agua fresca recipe variations I have on my site, I’m a big fan of agua fresca! They’re a great alternative to juice, as they retain more fiber and nutrients as they’re not filtered like juice is. Plus they’re incredibly hydrating and delicious, and this Strawberry Ginger Agua Fresca is no different!
On top of retaining the fiber of the whole fruit and being immensely hydrating, the strawberries in this Strawberry Ginger Agua Fresca offer numerous other health benefits:
- Due to their high water and fiber content, strawberries have a low glycemic index which makes them a great choice for a fruit that won’t impact your blood sugar as much as others may.
- About 26% of the carb content in strawberries is from fiber! Fiber is great for satiety, digestion, your gut microbiome, blood sugar, and keeping things running regularly for ya.
- Strawberries contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C, manganese, folate, and potassium.
- Strawberries are rich in anthocyanins, which help give strawberries their bright red hue and may offer protective heart benefits.
- Strawberries are also rich in antioxidants and other phytonutrient compounds.
Want to learn more about agua frescas and why they can be part of a healthy diet? Check out my post on How to Make Agua Fresca. And if you enjoyed this Strawberry Ginger Agua Fresca and want to try some other flavors, check out my other favorite agua fresca recipes, too:
- Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca
- Grape Agua Fresca
- Mango Agua Fresca
- Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Cucumber Mint Agua Fresca
Try making Strawberry Ginger Agua Fresca to enjoy as part of Cinco de Mayo festivities, bridal showers, baby showers, or hot summer days, they’re a refreshing addition to quickly blend together. If you make any of these agua fresca recipes, or if create your own, let me know what you think! Leave a comment (and rate the recipe!) below, and share a picture to social media (tag @nutritiontofit and #nutritiontofit).
Strawberry Ginger Agua Fresca
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime juice juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend on high for 60 seconds, or until all ingredients are fully pureed.