Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca is a refreshing summer beverage of blended fruit, water, lime, and mint. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo and summertime festivities.
Agua frescas are delightfully simple and refreshing blended beverages typically made of just fruit, lime juice, and water. They’re non-alcoholic and a wonderfully nourishing way to stay hydrated in the hot summer months.
On top of being incredibly hydrating and the only sugar in my agua fresca recipes being the sugar that is naturally occurring in the fruit used, the cantaloupe used in this Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca has other health benefits:
- Cantaloupe gets its pretty color from beta carotene, a type of carotenoid that converts to Vitamin A once eaten, which is important for eye health, healthy red blood cells, and a healthy immune system.
- One cup of cantaloupe has over 100% the daily value of Vitamin C, which is helpful with collagen production in bones, blood vessels, muscles, and cartilage. It also may help reduce the length of the common cold.
- Cantaloupe contains folate, which is an important vitamin for women of childbearing age, as it can help prevent neural tube birth defects like spina bifida.
- Cantaloupe is 90% water, making it an excellent source of hydration.
- Cantaloupe also contains potassium, fiber, vitamin K, niacin, choline, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium.
Want to learn more about agua frescas and why they can be part of a healthy diet? Check out my post on How to Make Agua Fresca. And if you enjoyed this Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca and want to try some other flavors, check out my other favorite agua fresca recipes, too:
- Grape Agua Fresca
- Strawberry Ginger Agua Fresca
- Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Cucumber Mint Agua Fresca
- Mango Agua Fresca
Try making Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca to enjoy as part of Cinco de Mayo festivities, bridal showers, baby showers, or hot summer days, they’re a refreshing addition to quickly blend together. If you make any of these agua fresca recipes, or if create your own, let me know what you think! Leave a comment (and rate the recipe!) below, and share a picture to social media (tag @nutritiontofit and #nutritiontofit).
Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca
Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca is a refreshing summer beverage of blended fruit, water, lime, and mint. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo and summertime festivities!
free from: gluten, dairy, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, treenuts, peanuts
- 1 cup cantaloupe
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime juice juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 basil leaves
Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend on high for 60 seconds, or until all ingredients are fully pureed.
Cantaloupe Basil Agua Fresca can be served immediately over ice, or can be chilled in the refrigerator up to 72 hours. If you're making in advance, be sure to give it a good stir or shake before serving (there are no additives, so separation will occur!)
Can optionally substitute coconut water for half or all of the water for added subtle sweetness, flavor, and electrolytes. (Nutritional information will vary.)