Made with butter and brown sugar, these simple pumpkin pie crumble bars are a delicious nut-free, gluten-free pumpkin dessert! A perfect make ahead Thanksgiving dessert!
Pumpkin pie crumble bars: the perfect Thanksgiving dessert when you’re craving pumpkin but don’t want pie. You’ve got delicious squares that have a pumpkin pie-esque filling surrounded by a sweet oaty crumble. And they are PERFECT to make ahead!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars Recipe Tips
- The recipe is pretty straight forward, needing just a few basic main ingredients: gluten-free oats, brown sugar, butter, pumpkin, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice.
- I love using pumpkin pie spice (it’s a more budget-friendly way to get a blend of yummy autumnal, warm spices as opposed to buying them all individually), but you can certainly just use cinnamon or any combination of spices you prefer as long as they end up measuring the total pumpkin pie spice measure.
- Be sure to use 100% pure pumpkin puree, NOT the canned pumpkin pie filling!
- Yes, this recipe has butter and brown sugar – not in the traditional healthy recipe realm you find here, but 100% a simple, delicious, traditional flavored Thanksgiving dessert. Life is short – enjoy a dessert you want on Thanksgiving. 😉
- You can make your own oat flour by grinding oats yourself in a food processor or spice grinder (affiliate link). You can also purchase oat flour (like this gluten-free oat flour from Amazon – affiliate link).
- I have not tested this recipe vegan/ dairy free, so I can’t guarantee results with substitutions. You could try using a vegan/ dairy-free butter/ margarine substitute – I would expect that to be a better substitution than coconut oil. For an egg substitute, again, I have not tried it, but you could try flax eggs or silken tofu.
- These are pumpkin pie crumble bars. They can get crumbly. 😉
Want More Healthy Dessert Recipes?
Try these Nutrition to Fit healthy dessert recipes for nourishing sweet treats!
- Healthy Baked Pears
- Raspberry Caramel Chocolate Cups
- Dairy-Free Double Chocolate Fudge Cups
- Almond Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chocolate Balloon Bowls + 4 Healthy Fillings
- Chocolate Raspberry Avocado Filling
- Chocolate Avocado Truffles
Take a pic of your dessert creations and be sure to tag me (@nutritiontofit, #nutritiontofit) when you make any NTF recipes! Be well!
Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
For the Crumble:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free)
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the Pumpkin Filling:
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally grease a 9x9-inch baking pan with olive oil or butter (or line with parchment paper).
- Combine crumble ingredients using a pastry cutter (or even a fork!) to cut the cold butter into the other ingredients until the mixture is even with pea-sized pieces of butter. Place half the crumble mixture in the bottom of the baking pan and press firmly down. Reserve the other half of the crumble mixture.
- Combine filling ingredients. Pour pumpkin filling over the crumble mixture pressed down in the baking pan. Sprinkle (don't pan!) remaining crumble on top of the pumpkin filling.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Allow to cool for one hour at room temperature, and when cool enough transfer to the fridge to cool another two hours. Leave bars refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!