This peach burrata salad is an amazing summer salad! Juicy sweet peaches pair with fresh basil, crispy prosciutto, creamy burrata, and a lemon honey vinaigrette for a quick salad recipe with all the summer flavors. Enjoy it as a side, a light dinner, or even as a side with brunch!
Why You'll Love This Salad:
- First of all - it has burrata. If you haven't tried burrata before, it's pretty amazing. It's a soft Italian cheese made from fresh mozzarella and cheese. It looks like a ball of fresh mozzarella on the outside, but inside it has stracciatella and cream, creating a very luscious and creamy texture.
- In fact - all the textures in this salad really take it to the next level! There's creamy burrata, juicy peaches (and tomatoes and raspberries), crunchy pumpkin seeds, and crispy prosciutto -- so much textural interest in every bite!
- There's a lot of complementary flavors that elevate this peach burrata arugula salad, too. You've got sweet peaches and raspberries, peppery arugula, mellow burrata, the subtly sweet-tart citrus notes from the honey lemon vinaigrette, salty prosciutto, and the ever-so-summery (and aromatic!) fresh basil.
- And speaking of prosciutto -- if you've never tried crispy prosciutto before, you are overdue! In fact, my crispy prosciutto article is one of the most popular here on Nutrition to Fit, and for good reason. Prosciutto as-is is salty and delicious, and would pair well with this salad on its own. But crisping in the oven gives the most amazing, nearly irresistible texture and taste. In fact, you may want to make a little more than you need...my whole family always wants to snack on it before I've even had a chance to put it on the salad!
Top Tips to Best Make Peach Burrata Salad:
- Start by preparing your crispy prosciutto. While the prosciutto is in the oven you can do the rest of the prep work, like making this simple honey lemon vinaigrette, dressing the arugula, and slicing the peaches and cherry tomatoes.
- Want to prep ahead? The salad dressing can easily be made beforehand. You can make the crispy prosciutto beforehand, too. Just store refrigerated and if they need a little re-crisping, you can pop them in a skillet for a couple minutes to reheat and re-crisp.
- Be gentle when tearing pieces of burrata to place on the salad. Make sure you have a little bit of the mozzarella and the creamy stracciatella in every piece!
- This salad is very lightly dressed (a little goes a long way with all the flavors here!). You use half the dressing to lightly toss and dress the arugula before adding the salad toppings. Drizzle the remaining dressing on top, being sure to add a little to each burrata piece to help bring out more flavor.
How to Serve it:
You have a lot of options and flexibility with how to serve this peach burrata salad!
- Serve it as-is for a light lunch or dinner (the recipe written as four servings, but if you're enjoying it as an entree, you'll probably end up closer to 2-3 servings per salad, give or take - eat to your hunger levels!).
- Pair it with an easy protein for a 30 minute weeknight dinner. I love grabbing a rotisserie chicken, taking the chicken off the bone while the prosciutto is crisping in the oven, and then enjoying with chicken. Sometimes we'll toss the chicken with pesto for more flavor, or serve with pesto crusted salmon, too (recipe coming soon!).
- Enjoy it as a delicious brunch salad! Pair with creamy scrambled eggs or an egg bake (like this asparagus ricotta frittata) and even some kind of bread or muffin, like these savory gluten-free spinach feta muffins or sweet healthy(ish) French toast.
More Delicious Salad Recipes You'll Love:
- Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad with yogurt-based Southwest Salad Dressing
- Cucumber Chickpea Salad
- Mango Chicken Salad
- Greek Lentil Salad
- 5-Minute Balsamic Thyme Tomato Salad
Peach Burrata Salad
- Parchment paper (use in place of baking mat if you don't have one)
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 4 cups arugula
- ¼ cup honey lemon vinaigrette divided
- 2 small peaches sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz burrata
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- First prepare crispy prosciutto: tear prosciutto slices into smaller pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes before transferring to salad (prosciutto will continue to crisp as it cools).
- Place arugula in a serving bowl or platter and lightly toss in half the honey lemon vinaigrette.
- Top arugula with fresh peach slices, cherry tomato halves, raspberries, and crispy prosciutto.
- Gently break the ball of burrata in half and carefully tear off smaller pieces of burrata and place all over the salad (be sure to include the fresh mozzarella and some of the inside cream in each piece).
- Garnish with basil leaves and pumpkin seeds.
- Lightly drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over each section of burrata.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.