This air fryer tortilla pizza is a quick, easy, personal pizza that you and your family will love! You just need 3 ingredients, 5 minutes, and an air fryer. And with a tortilla higher in fiber and protein? A tortilla pizza makes a pretty balanced snack or part of a meal!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to learn more.
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza - Why You'll Love it!
Clearly I love a good air fryer recipe - and this air fryer tortilla pizza is no exception! It has all the classic pizza flavors you love, but comes together in a fraction of the time.
My kids and I love making tortilla pizzas in the air fryer because they get crispy and delicious (like the ultimate thin crust pizza!). But, they're also fast enough that we can whip them up for a quick after school snack or part of an easy lunch or dinner (like pre-soccer nights).
As a registered dietitian, I also love that there's the opportunity to add a little nutrition here with the type of tortilla you choose. My favorites are higher in protein and fiber to add a little nutrient density and keep us fuller a little longer.
- Tortilla: Make sure the tortilla you use can lay flat in your air fryer. I find an 8-inch tortilla works well. And use whatever tortilla you prefer or need - gluten free, whole wheat, etc. I love the Olé Xtreme Wellness® High Fiber Tortillas (that link is Amazon, but they're at many grocery stores - I find mind at Sam's Club!)
- Sauce: I love a classic tomato sauce, but you can use whatever sauce you prefer - pesto and alfredo are tasty, too!
- Cheese: shredded mozzarella is the traditional pizza cheese, but use what you like! See Variations below for more ideas.
How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza, Step-by-Step
- Place tortilla on the air fryer rack in the air fryer basket.
- Lightly spread on sauce.
- Top with shredded cheese and any desired toppings.
- Air fryer for 4-5 minutes, or until tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
If your tortilla isn't getting crispy enough, try letting it sit for a couple minutes before cutting and eating. Alternatively, you can pre-crisp the tortilla by placing it under the rack (so it doesn't blow away), air frying for a couple minutes, and then making as usual. This works but it wasn't my favorite method, and definitely not something I felt was worth the additional step.
If you're using toppings, use pre-cooked meats and vegetables and cut them into smaller pieces. Also, I don't recommend piling on the toppings too high, because it prevents the crust from getting as crisp.
Have different dietary needs? Try some of these substitutions:
- Gluten-free: an air fryer tortilla pizza can easily be made gluten-free by using your favorite gluten-free tortilla. You may need to change the cooking time by a couple minutes if your tortilla size is smaller and based on your personal preference.
- Dairy-free: use a dairy-free cheese alternative that melts and gets creamier - Daiya is one that I've used and liked before.
- Vegetarian or Vegan: make sure your tortilla contains no animal-derived ingredients, use a vegan "cheese," and of course use plant-based toppings.
There are all sorts of variations you can make and different toppings you can add! Check out some tortilla pizza toppings ideas:
- Shredded mozzarella
- Fresh mozzarella
- Pepper Jack
- Tomato sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- Taco sauce
Use-pre cooked and small pieces since the air fryer cooking time is much shorter!
- Black olives
- Roasted red peppers
- Banana peppers
- Red onions
- Caramelized onions
- Tomato slices
- Chopped or blistered cherry tomatoes
- Sundried tomatoes
Use-pre cooked (i.e. with sausage) and small pieces since the air fryer cooking time is much shorter!
- Prosciutto (even crispy prosciutto!)
- Italian sausage
- Plant-based sausage
- Chicken sausage
- Shredded chicken
- Taco meat
Herb & Flavorings Toppings
Any of the herbs can be sprinkled on dry, or you can use fresh herbs, too!
- Italian parsley
- Crushed red pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Roasted garlic
- Crushed garlic
- Hot honey (drizzle on after!)
- Balsamic glaze
Let me know in the comments if you try any delicious flavor variations!
Let's chat a second about air fryers! Because as amazing as air fryers are, there are a couple considerations:
- The bigger your air fryer, the longer it will take to heat and cook.
- Cooking times can vary slightly between different air fryer makes and models
- Start on the low end of recommended cooking times - you can always add more (but you can't take away!).
Get to know your air fryer. Are your air fryer recipes coming out dry and overcooked? Drop your cook time and possibly temp. Not quite done? Add more time.
I have an Instant Vortext 6 quart air fryer and love it!
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza Nutrition
Turkey meatball nutrition will vary based on the size of the meatballs you make, as well as any substitutions you make (like a higher fat or different type of ground meat).
Based on a yield of 16 meatballs, each turkey meatball has 75 calories, 8.5 grams protein, 3.7 grams fat, 2 grams carbohydrates, 0 grams fiber, 0 grams sugar, and 59 mg sodium.
Ready to Never Need Another Diet Ever Again?
If you're done with diets and ready to understand nutrition and how your body wants to be fueled AND find balance to still eat all your favorite foods? Sign up for my waitlist to be the first to hear about my upcoming course and future coaching opportunities.
More Recipes You'll Love
Want more air fryer recipes? (Who doesn't, I mean it's my favorite kitchen appliance for a reason!) Try air fryer hash browns, air fryer tortilla chips (4 ways!), air fryer BBQ chicken, air fryer chicken cordon bleu, and my ultra-popular air fryer mozzarella sticks (with options for gluten-free included!).
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more healthy recipes and tips to create your own balanced relationship with food and health, be sure to follow Nutrition to Fit on Instagram!
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 1 tortilla
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- toppings of choice (optional)
- Place the tortilla on the rack inside the air fryer basket.
- Spread tomato sauce on top of the tortilla in a thin layer.
- Top with shredded cheese and any desired toppings.
- Air fry for 4-5 minutes, until tortilla is crispy and cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Use a spatula to remove tortilla pizza from the air fryer and let sit a couple minutes to become cool enough to cut and handle to eat.
Still reading? Come follow me on Instagram and let me know what you thought of this air fryer tortilla pizza recipe!
Leave a Reply