Welcome to Nutrition to Fit, friend!
Nutrition to Fit isn't just a blog or just a slogan. Nutrition to Fit is my commitment to helping you create your own healthy balance, to find nutrition to fit your life - realistically. No more trying new diets and no more giving up your favorite foods.
I’ve been on the diet merry go round and I know it sucks. I spent years of my life dieting - but the only thing it got me were messy digestion, wonky hormones, weight gain, and a bad relationship with food.
And truly, a bad relationship with myself. My self-confidence was shot and I felt terrible about myself. It’s like not being able to stick to food restrictions or a 1200 calorie diet convinced me that I was inherently incapable of pretty much everything. (I mean duh, of course I couldn’t stick to 1200 calories a day - I’m not a toddler!) It also didn’t help that I couldn’t keep the weight off, either.
All of those negative feelings led to more extremes, like severe emotional eating, binge eating, and a terrible all-or-nothing mindset with food and healthy habits. At best I just felt too overwhelmed and burnt out from dieting to give a single care about nutrition or health.
But with time, practice, and patience, I found my own healthy balance. A balance where nutrition meets food freedom, where I can care about my health and my nutrition, but nothing feels extreme or chaotic. A balance where I can still enjoy my favorite foods and food experiences, like cooking and baking with my family!
Nutrition to Fit is Here for You
And that’s what I want for you, too - for you to find your healthy balance.
I’ve spent years as a dietitian working in clinical settings, the community, in private practice, and have been nationally and internationally recognized for my work (check out my press page here). And one of the biggest takeaways from all of my education and experience is that there is no single right way to eat healthy for everyone. Health is unique! Your healthy balance is going to look different from mine, and that’s okay! That’s how it should be!
My goal here at NTF is to support you in creating your own healthy balance - where feeling your healthiest self also includes a healthy relationship with food.
You’ll find loads of recipes - mostly healthy, some a little more on the indulgent side, but all that can absolutely be enjoyed in a balance that works for you. You’ll also find articles on health and nutrition topics, all designed to help you feel more empowered and confident in the actions you’re taking with your health.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I have two young kids and LOVE being their mom!
- I love gardening! We have an ever-growing garden in our backyard - we’re adding some fruit trees this year!
- We live in a very small town in rural western Tennessee.
- My first degree was actually in music! I played the flute my whole life and planned to be a professional flutist! I quickly realized that I wanted to work with people and do more to make a difference in folks’ lives…and here we are!
Education & Experience:
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist: Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Dietetic Internship: Utah State University
- B.S. Nutrition & Dietetics: University of North Florida
- B.A. Music: University of Central Florida
- Past Employers Include: WIC, acute rehab facilities, long term care facilities, Sodexo at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville.