This Ninja Creami Pumpkin Ice Cream uses the viral Ninja Creami to make a delicious, seasonal pumpkin spice treat. But this is a healthy*ish treat, as it’s a pumpkin protein ice cream – a tasty way to boost your protein intake!
I may be a little late to the Ninja Creami train, but it’s safe to say I am all aboard. And this may be a bold statement, but having a Ninja Creami makes me wonder – why bother dealing with a regular ice cream maker?
Ninja Creamis are just so convenient. You don’t have to freeze a large ice cream maker drum – just the pint. And the versatility of the ingredients you can use and STILL deliver a thick and ultra-creamy ice cream? It’s insane!
If you’re a fan of more high protein pumpkin recipes, you’ve got to check out this Protein Pumpkin Matcha, too – it’s a favorite!
Why This Ninja Creami Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe is SO Good!
- It’s so simple, with just a four ingredients needed.
- As long as you have a Ninja Creami, it’s pretty low maintenance to make.
- High protein!
- Lusciously thick and creamy.
- It’s SO good!
For a full ingredient list with quantities, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Protein Shake: You need an 11-12 ounce individual protein shake,
- Pumpkin: Use 100% real pumpkin puree, either store-bought or homemade is fine. Just avoid the can that says “pumpkin pie filling” or “pumpkin pie mix,” as that has additional ingredients in it.
- Pudding Mix: Instant pudding mix helps give light or protein ice creams a creamier texture in the Ninja Creami. I used a sugar free vanilla, but I’ve also used sugar free cheesecake and it’s delicious!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: the perfect blend of ingredients for pumpkin spice treats!
For complete instructions, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Add all ingredients to a Ninja Creami pint container.
- Whisk or use an immersion blender to blend ingredients thoroughly.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
- Complete a spin on the “Lite Ice Cream” setting of the Ninja Creami.
- It’ll likely look a little powdery, so add a splash more protein shake or milk.
- Run the “Re-Spin” cycle and the result should be a thick and creamy pumpkin protein ice cream.
- The biggest tip is to not be alarmed when your ice cream looks powdery after the first spin. This is normal for light and protein ice creams. Trust the process! Add an extra tablespoon of protein shake or milk and run a Re-Spin. And if for whatever reason it’s still not smooth and creamy, you can run a second Re-Spin and that should do it!
- Want a more soft serve or Wendy’s frosty-like texture? Add two tablespoons of liquid before the Re-Spin.
Substitutions & Variations
- Try changing up the protein shake flavor for different variations – they make protein shakes in flavors like vanilla, chocolate, caramel, and even pumpkin spice.
- Have fun with mix-ins! Try mixing in additions like graham crackers, mini chocolate chips, caramel, pralines, honey roasted almonds, pumpkin seeds…the world’s your oyster!
- Dairy-free protein shakes and dairy free instant pudding mixes are available, if that’s a need.
Storing Ninja Creami Leftovers
Ninja Creami leftovers? What’s that? All jokes aside, what do you do if you have Ninja Creami leftovers? Well, you have two options:
- Refreeze and Re-Spin: Simply level and smooth the top of any leftover ice cream inside the Ninja Creami pint, place it back in the freezer, and spin it again when you’re ready to enjoy again.
- Thaw Slightly/ No Re-Spin: Refreeze your leftovers, then when you’re ready to enjoy, set it out on the counter for 10-15 minutes, or freeze for 10-15 seconds until slightly softened.
If you have any mix-ins in your ice cream, I recommend just thawing and avoiding a re-spin. Doing another spin cycle after you already have mix-ins completely obliterates whatever mix-ins there were (which can impact the taste and texture of the ice cream, too).
Supplies You’ll Need
As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a small amount from qualifying affiliate purchases at no cost to you.
You need a Ninja Creami. Chances are, if you’ve gotten this far, you already have one. But if not – I highly recommend!
There are several types of Ninja Creamis: the original Ninja Creami, the Ninja Creami Deluxe, and (what I have) the Ninja Creami Breeze.
- 7-in-1 Ninja Creami: The original Ninja Creami with 7 settings, Ice Cream, Sorbet, Lite Ice Cream, Smoothie Bowl, Gelato, Milkshake, and Mix-In.
- Ninja Creami Deluxe: The Deluxe is a more comprehensive Ninja Creami, offering 11 pre-set programs to the originals 7.
- Ninja Creami Breeze: The Breeze is a more compact machine, designed to still be powerful but take up less space and fit more easily on countertops under cabinets.
If you’re a big fan of prepping a lot of Ninja Creami recipes in advance, I highly recommend also investing in additional pint containers.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love:
More Ninja Creami Recipes:
- Decadent Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Mango Sorbet
- Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Acai Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more balanced nutrition and simple, healthy-ish recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
Ninja Creami Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 protein shake vanilla, 11-12 oz
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon instant pudding mix sugar free, cheesecake or vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon milk optional
- Add the protein shake, pumpkin puree, pudding mix, and pumpkin pie spice to the Ninja Creami pint. Use an immersion blender or a whisk to thoroughly combine ingredients until smooth.1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon instant pudding mix, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 protein shake
- Place the lid on the Ninja Creami pint, then place it in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Run the frozen pint through the "lite ice cream" setting on the Ninja Creami. It will likely look powdery after this first spin. Add a tablespoon of milk (or protein shake or cream) and spin again in the "re-spin" setting. Alternatively, you can skip adding the additional liquid, but you'll likely need 2-3 more re-spins.1 tablespoon milk
- If desired, add any mix ins (like graham cracker pieces or a caramel swirl!) and run the "mix in" setting. Serve immediately and enjoy!