Easy chicken stir fry with garlic ginger sauce is a simple, healthy meal that can be made on a busy weeknight or easily added to your meal prep rotation.
As a dietitian, one of the most frequently discussed topics with my clients is how to make easy, healthy dinners that are uncomplicated and perfect for busy weeknights. Another common conversation topic with clients? Easy, healthy meal prep. This easy chicken stir fry with garlic ginger sauce is a great recipe for both topics!
What Makes This Easy Chicken Stir Fry So Healthy
Simple ingredients prepared in a simple manner! There’s lean protein from boneless, skinless chicken breasts which provides amino acids that act as the building blocks for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood, along with necessary nutrients, like B vitamins, iron, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin E.
Stir fry vegetables provide fiber, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, and folate (folic acid).
The garlic ginger soy sauce contains coconut aminos, which are a lower sodium and naturally gluten-free alternative to soy sauce. A touch of honey provides a subtle sweetness that’s a better alternative to large amounts of corn syrups found in many store-bought sauces. Fresh ginger and garlic bring a ton of flavor to the sauce, along with anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting health benefits.
What Makes This Easy Chicken Stir Fry So Easy
Stir fries traditionally come together fairly quickly. Oftentimes the most time-consuming part can be slicing the chicken and vegetables prior to cooking. Yet even with the prep, it can still be made easier:
- Slice the chicken and vegetables 24 hours before making the easy chicken stir fry and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Purchase pre-chopped vegetables (i.e. fresh broccoli florets, baby carrots, sliced bell peppers) to minimize chop time.
- Make the garlic ginger sauce in advance. Then just store in a small mason jar in the refrigerator and give it a good shake before adding it to your stir fry.
How to Meal Prep Easy Chicken Stir Fry
Different types of meal prep work for different folks. You can prepare the whole recipe and portion it into four servings for easy lunches that you can grab and take to work with you. Alternatively, you can prepare this for dinner and portion leftovers into lunches for the next day(s).
Be sure to eat food within a few days of preparing it to avoid the risk of food borne illness.
Also? Feel free to prep extra of the garlic ginger sauce! It’s such a simple sauce that packs so much flavor – it goes great with many other proteins, too!
How to Serve Easy Chicken Stir Fry with Garlic Ginger Sauce
As usual, I advocate for personalized nutrition, meaning you do what works for you. Look at your health goals, any food allergies/ sensitivities or medical conditions, what foods bring you satisfaction and enjoyment, and make a decision from there. You can serve this easy chicken stir fry as is, or you can pair it with anything from a whole grain like brown rice or quinoa to cauliflower rice (I love the flavors of my coconut cauliflower rice with it!).
Looking for other 30 minute dinner recipes? Try these favorites!
- Sheet Pan Chicken & Vegetables
- One-Pot Lentil Pasta Primavera
- Sheet Pan Pineapple Salmon Stir Fry
- Adobo Lime Portobello Tacos
- Blood Orange Rosemary Salmon en Papillote
When you give this easy chicken stir fry with garlic ginger sauce a try, be sure to let me know how you like it! And of course, let me know if you customize this recipe with any fun twists (steak? tempeh? water chestnuts?). Leave a comment and rate the recipe below and take a picture and share to social media (tag @nutritiontofit and #nutritiontofit). Live well and eat well! 🙂
Easy Chicken Stir Fry with Garlic Ginger Sauce
For the Stir Fry:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced thinly
- 4 cups bok choy chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced
For the Garlic Ginger Sauce:
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- Whisk together the garlic ginger sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add thinly sliced chicken and stir fry about 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add vegetables to the pan and stir fry 4-5 minutes or until all vegetables are fork-tender.
- Add chicken back to the pan along with the garlic ginger sauce. Stir fry for one minute.
- Serve immediately or portion into individual containers for easy meal prep options. Can be served as is or with brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.