Salted Caramel Honeycrisp Apple Butter tastes like caramel sauce drizzled over apple pie, but it’s totally plant-based and has zero added sugar!
Hiiii and get ready for some yummmm!
Let me introduce you to Salted Caramel Honeycrisp Apple Butter: aka the apple butter my family is obsessed with. Why so obsessed?
- It’s made in a slow cooker – easy peasy!
- There is no added sugar! The apple butter is sweetened entirely by apples and nature’s candy: medjool dates!
- It’s lightly spiced with a touch of cinnamon for a classic apple butter flavor.
- It’s got a natural caramel flavor from the caramel notes of the dates, the complexity of flavor that develops from cooking low and slow in the slow cooker, and being blended with coconut milk and salt at the end to really capitalize on the caramel notes.
Basically, it’s yum. In fact, my husband dubbed this the “apple butter that tastes like caramel drizzled over apple pie”.
It’s delicious no matter how you take it. We’ve tried this Salted Caramel Honeycrisp Apple Butter a few different ways:
- mixed in oatmeal
- drizzled over Greek yogurt (or ice cream!)
- drizzled over dried apple slices for “apple nachos”
- with fresh honeycrisp apple slices dipped into it
- on toast
You can freeze it to enjoy year round, or gift it to friends and family during this most wonderful time of the year. 🙂
If you’re a fan, be sure to let us know! Take a pic and share your thoughts with us on the Nutrition to Fit Facebook page, or over on Instagram (be sure to tag me – @nutritiontofit – and use the hashtag #nutritiontofit). Let me know what creative uses you find for this delicious Salted Caramel Honeycrisp Apple Butter.