This Creamy Apple Cider Dressing is slightly sweet, tangy, and deliciously creamy, made from nourishing ingredients. (Pairs perfectly with my Butternut Beetroot Salad!)
This Creamy Apple Cider Dressing is everything that's good about homemade dressings. It's so simple, but delicious and full of flavor.
All you need is a handful of ingredients, a bowl and a whisk (or a mason jar and a good shake!), and a few minutes of time.
And bonus? If you're not a fan of mayonnaise-based creamy dressings (me neither!), no worries! There's not a drop of mayonnaise in this creamy salad dressing recipe, as all the creaminess comes from plain Greek yogurt and extra virgin olive oil.
This creamy apple cider vinaigrette pairs beautifully with my Butternut and Beetroot Salad, but you can use it on any other salad you prefer (like my Winter Kale Salad, Fresh Beetroot Salad, or Peach Burrata Salad).
Why This Creamy Apple Cider Dressing Recipe is SO Good!
- It's simple.
- Only need a handful of ingredients.
- No fancy equipment needed - just a mason jar or a bowl and whisk.
- It's creamy, without using mayonnaise.
- Nutrient-dense, with ingredients like olive oil and Greek yogurt.
- Has a little protein, from its Greek yogurt base
- It's delicious!
For a full ingredient list with quantities, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Greek Yogurt: plain, fat-free Greek yogurt provides all the creaminess in this dressing!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: one of the healthiest oils for your heart! Adds more creaminess and emulsification.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: adds a tart acidity that balances out the creamy Greek yogurt and smooth olive oil.
- Honey: adds some sweetness (you can use maple syrup instead)
- Dijon Mustard: adds tang and helps emulsify the dressing
For complete instructions, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Whisk thoroughly - you want to make sure the dressing fully emulsifies.
- Don't feel like whisking? Use a mason jar! You'll need to make sure you're using a big enough jar, but add all the ingredients, seal tight, and give it a good shake for a minute or so until totally smooth.
Substitutions & Variations
- Maple Syrup can be substituted for honey.
- For a sugar-free option, use your favorite non-nutritive alternative sweetener. Liquid monk fruit or allulose work well.
- Other neutral oils, like avocado oil, can be substituted for olive oil.
Storage & Freezing
- Storage: This creamy apple cider vinaigrette can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Give it a good shake/ stir before using.
- Freezing: Did you know you can freeze salad dressing? This creamy, Greek yogurt-based dressing can be frozen in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and thoroughly stir before using.
Supplies You'll Need
As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a small amount from qualifying affiliate purchases at no cost to you.
More Recipes You'll Love
- Beetroot and Butternut Salad
- Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Southwest Dressing
- Winter Kale Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Peach Burrata Salad
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more balanced nutrition and simple, healthy-ish recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
Creamy Apple Cider Dressing
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain, fat free
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teapsoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until thoroughly emulsified.1 cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, ¼ teapsoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Serve immediately on a salad of your choice, or refrigerate.