This Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream is a high protein ice cream packed full of cookies and cream flavor and cookie pieces! And with just 3 ingredients, it’s the easiest Ninja Creami oreo ice cream you’ll ever make.
If you love cookies and cream treats and have a Ninja Creami, you have got to make this cookies and cream protein ice cream! It’s so sweet and creamy, and it’s packed with delicious cookies and cream flavor. And packed with plenty of cookie pieces, too!
I love to use a chocolate protein shake as the base, because I feel like the chocolate flavor really plays up the cookies and cream flavor even more. But you can absolutely use vanilla, or another flavor if you prefer.
Now just like in my Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream recipe, this Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream ice cream also uses some pudding mix combined with the protein shake base. This helps the base get even creamier after it’s blended. Plus in this case, using the Oreo pudding mix really maximizes the cookies and cream flavor.
I hope you enjoy this high protein Ninja Creami Oreo ice cream (that doesn’t taste high protein at all!). If you’re a fan, be sure to check out my other protein ice creams, like this acai ice cream, strawberry cottage cheese ice cream, and pumpkin protein ice cream.
Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream Ingredients
For a full ingredient list with quantities, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Protein Shake: You need an 11-12 ounce protein shake for the ice cream base. You can use whatever flavor you prefer – vanilla, chocolate, or even a cookies and cream protein shake. My family and I prefer chocolate!
- Oreo Pudding Mix: Adds the perfect cookies and cream flavor to the ice cream base.
- Oreo Thin Cookies: The Oreo thins have the perfect texture to be easily mixed into the ice cream. Plus the mix ins go farther in the ice cream, since one serving is four cookies!
For complete instructions, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Mix pudding mix into the protein shake.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
- Spin on the “Lite Ice Cream” setting.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of additional liquid and Re-Spin 1-2 more times until smooth.
- Make a well, add the Oreo thins, then run the Mix-Ins cycle.
- Enjoy immediately!
Ninja Creami Expert Tips
Why is my Ninja Creami Powdery?
A powdery Ninja Creami is common after the first spin when making light or high protein Ninja Creami ice creams. Ninja Creami protein ice cream and light ice creams typically need 1 or 2 Re-Spin cycles. If it’s really powdery, try adding a tablespoon of protein shake, milk, or cream before you Re-Spin. I find the magic combination is usually 1 spin, add 1 tablespoon liquid, and 1 re-spin!
Why is my Ninja Creami Too Soft?
If your ice cream is very soft and more soft serve or a Wendy’s Frosty consistency, you either did not freeze your mixture long enough, or you’ve added too much liquid during a Re-Spin. I know it’s tedious, but freeze for 24 hours! And when adding liquid before a Re-Spin, only add a tablespoon (unless you want it softer, then by all means, add an extra tablespoon or two!).
Why is my Ninja Creami Not Soft Enough?
Let it not fully freeze, or allow it to sit out for 20-30 minutes before spinning. You also can add a total of 2-3 tablespoons of extra liquid before you Re-Spin, to allow for a softer consistency.
How Do I know if I need to Re-Spin?
If after your first spin your ice cream is powdery or just not quite creamy enough, run a Re-Spin. If it’s very powdery (like most protein ice creams), add that tablespoon of extra liquid.
Use Quality Ingredients
The Ninja Creami is pretty magical, but you still need to like the ingredients you’re using! So if you’re making a protein ice cream – use a protein shake and/ or powder you like! If you’re adding fruit or making a sorbet, use fruit that tastes good for you. For example – I personally find canned fruit to always have a metallic taste, even when transformed in a Ninja Creami, so I prefer to thaw frozen or use fresh when making those bases.
Have Fun with Mix-Ins
Once you have a good base you enjoy (like a good protein ice cream base), change it up with flavor variations and different mix ins!
Try adding a spoonful of peanut butter to the base here, for a peanut butter oreo ice cream!
What Else Can You Make in a Ninja Creami?
Ice creams, light ice creams, protein ice cream, gelato, sorbet, smoothie bowls, milkshakes, and more!
Protect Your Ears!
The Ninja Creami is pretty loud, so guard your ears! And please protect the ears of any kids helping out in the kitchen.
Substitutions & Variations
- Switch up the protein shake flavor. We love using chocolate, but you can use any flavor protein shake base you want. Try vanilla, cookies and cream, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate mint, or caramel.
- Add peanut butter: Add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the ice cream base to create a peanut butter cookies and cream ice cream.
- Make it Minty: In the winter, our go-to protein ice cream has been the Premier Protein Chocolate Winter Mint protein shake with mint Oreo thin mix ins!
- Cookie Swap: Instead of oreos, try making with chocolate chip cookie pieces — or use both for a cookie monster ice cream!
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten free Oreos!
Ninja Creami Leftovers
What do you do if you have Ninja Creami leftovers? Well, you have two options:
- Refreeze and Re-Spin: Simply level and smooth the top of any leftover ice cream inside the Ninja Creami pint, place it back in the freezer, and spin it again when you’re ready to enjoy again.
- Thaw Slightly/ No Re-Spin: Refreeze your leftovers, then when you’re ready to enjoy, set it out on the counter for 10-15 minutes, or freeze for 10-15 seconds until slightly softened.
Because this Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream ice cream has the Oreo mix-ins, I recommend just thawing and avoiding a re-spin. Doing another spin cycle after you already have those Oreo mix-ins will completely crush all the Oreo pieces, and can affect the texture of the ice cream.
Supplies You’ll Need
As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a small amount from qualifying affiliate purchases at no cost to you.
You need a Ninja Creami, of course! There are several options on the market. I have a Ninja Creami Breeze that I purchased at Sam’s Club. They can sometimes be difficult to find, so search around to see what’s available!
- 7-in-1 Ninja Creami: The original Ninja Creami with 7 settings, Ice Cream, Sorbet, Lite Ice Cream, Smoothie Bowl, Gelato, Milkshake, and Mix-In.
- Ninja Creami Deluxe: The Deluxe is a more comprehensive Ninja Creami, offering 11 pre-set programs to the originals 7.
- Ninja Creami Breeze: The Breeze is a more compact machine, designed to still be powerful but take up less space and fit more easily on countertops under cabinets.
If you’re a big fan of prepping a lot of Ninja Creami recipes in advance, I highly recommend also investing in additional pint containers. (Note that these don’t work with the Ninja Creami Breeze machine.)
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Decadent Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Mango Sorbet
- Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Acai Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
- Protein Pumpkin Ice Cream
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more balanced nutrition and simple, healthy-ish recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream
- 1 11.5oz Protein shake (I used Fairlife chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon Oreo pudding mix
- 4 Oreo thins cookies
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of protein shake for later. Add the protein shake and pudding mix to the Ninja Creami pint and whisk together.1 11.5oz Protein shake, 1 tablespoon Oreo pudding mix
- Cover the pint, place in the freezer, and freeze for 24 hours.
- Place the frozen pint in the Ninja Creami, then run the "Lite Ice Cream" cycle.
- After the first spin, add the remaining tablespoon of protein shake (or use another liquid, like milk or cream) and run the "Re-Spin" cycle 1-2 times until ice cream is creamy.
- Create a well in the center of the ice cream, down to the bottom. Break the Oreo thins in half, then add them to the well in the ice cream. Return to Ninja Creami and run the Mix-In cycle.4 Oreo thins cookies
- Enjoy immediately!