These 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls are so simple and wholesome, and so delicious. They’re soft, but have a great chew, and are sweetened with honey without being too sweet. And they also make for a kid-friendly healthy snack!
These 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls are my child who’s my most particular eater’s current favorite snack. And as a mom and a registered dietitian – no complaints here!
With three simple ingredients, I love how quick these are to whip up, and how well they keep in the fridge. They’re a very practical snack!
And between the healthy fats in the peanut butter, the fiber in the oats, and the quick carbs of the honey, these peanut butter energy balls provide a quick, but stable, energy boost. Perfect for after school or before/ after sports snacks!
If you like peanut butter snacks, be sure to try my peanut butter yogurt dip, too!
Why These 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls are SO Good:
- Insanely kid-friendly!
- So simple to make!
- There’s only 3 ingredients!
- They’re tasty and wholesome.
- They store well.
For a full ingredient list with quantities, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Oats: use old-fashioned oats
- Peanut Butter: creamy peanut butter is your best bet to get the ideal consistency for rolling into balls
- Honey: a little goes a long way, and this helps binds the ball and give it an energy bite texture, while also lending the perfect amount of sweetness.
For complete instructions, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Process oats in a food processor for a couple minutes, until they’ve started to break up a bit more.
- Add honey and peanut butter and process until there’s an even consistency.
- Roll into balls and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Processing the oats a bit on their own first helps create a better end product, with more consistent-sized oat pieces in the energy balls.
- I recommend using a cookie scoop to get even, consistent sizes. Then use your hands to smooth and roll the balls.
Substitutions & Variations
- This is a great base recipe that you can easily add extra ingredients! Try adding chia or flax seeds for a boost of nutrition, cinnamon or vanilla for a little more flavor, or mini chocolate chips for a little fun.
- These are easily gluten-free as long as you use certified gluten-free oats.
- You can substitute any nut/ seed butter you prefer.
Storage & Freezing
- Storage: Keep the peanut butter balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Freezing: Did you know that you can freeze energy balls? Store them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Supplies You’ll Need
As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a small amount from qualifying affiliate purchases at no cost to you.
- Food Processor (I have one that’s part of my Ninja Blender System, but this stand alone food processor is great, too!)
- Cookie Scoop
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
- Banana Peanut Butter Jelly
- Peanut Butter Cup Tropical Smoothie
- PB&J Energy Bars
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats without Chia Seeds
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more balanced nutrition and simple, healthy-ish recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place oats in a food processor and process on high 30-60 seconds, until oats have become coarsely ground.1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Add peanut butter and honey to the oats in the food processor, then process 30-60 seconds until the ingredients are evenly combined.1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons honey
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough, then roll between clean hands and set on a plate or in a container.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until slightly firm and set.
- Enjoy immediately, or transfer to an airtight storage container/ bag and store in the fridge or freezer.