These brie and pesto stuffed mini peppers are a delicious, easy appetizer recipe perfect for healthy snacking, parties, and even game day.
Stuffed Mini Peppers with Brie and Pesto
Maybe it’s me, but sometimes at parties and events featuring hors d’oeuvres it seems like veggie-centered appetizers are lacking, with the exception of a crudite board. Which don’t get me wrong – I love some crudite and dips! But it’s also nice to get a little variety. Enter: these brie and pesto stuffed mini peppers.
They’re warm and full of gooey, melted, salty brie cheese. These flavors pair perfectly with the sweet freshness of mini bell peppers and the punch of herby flavor from pesto. Not to mention, mini pepper appetizers are super cute with their perfect two-bite size!
How to Make Baked Brie and Pesto Stuffed Mini Peppers
All you need is three ingredients:
- Mini bell peppers
- Brie Cheese
For the peppers, you’ll just need to slice them in half lengthwise and be sure any seeds are removed. Then lay them on a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking sheet.
To stuff with brie I find it easiest to slice your brie into the number of portions (12 as written with the recipe, although you can make less or more – it’s very easy to scale!). Then I just used my clean fingertips to help spread the brie along the length of the inside of the sliced bell pepper half.
Then just top each brie stuffed mini pepper with half a teaspoon of pesto. And for the pesto, use your choice! I have a delicious, quick, and easy spinach basil pesto recipe coming to the blog soon, so I used that. You can use any store-bought pesto recipe or anything you prefer. Just be sure that if you have any allergies (i.e. nuts) that you’re using a pesto that will fit your needs.
The peppers can be prepped in advance up until this post and then covered and refrigerated until just prior to serving. Then pop them in the oven, bake, transfer to a serving platter and serve warm!
More Easy, Healthy Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more easy, healthy appetizer recipes? Check out some of these other NTF favorites:
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
- Pizza Dip
- 3-Ingredient Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Hummus Poppers
- Cheese-Stuffed Grain-Free Mini Rolls
- Mashed Potato Patties
- Eggplant Pizzas
- Rosemary Cumin Roasted Chickpeas
Whenever you make an NTF recipe, I’d LOVE if you could leave a comment and rate the recipe, to help out both me and anyone else looking to make a recipe! It also totally makes my day whenever you share a picture of your NTF creations to social media – always be sure to tag me (@nutritiontofit, #nutritiontofit). Live well!
Mini Stuffed Peppers with Brie and Pesto
Free from: wheat/ gluten, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts
- 6 mini bell peppers sliced in half lengthwise with seeds removed
- 2 oz brie cheese
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place sliced bell pepper halves cut-side up on your baking sheet. Fill each pepper half with brie cheese. I find it easiest to slice the brie into 12 portions and use clean fingertips to spread along the inside of the peppers. Top each brie-filled pepper half with 1/2 teaspoon pesto.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Transfer immediately to a serving platter and serve warm.