Greek yogurt is mixed cocoa and lightly sweetened with honey and vanilla for a creamy, delicious chocolate yogurt. It makes a fantastic snack or healthy dessert!
This page may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Why This Chocolate Yogurt is SO Good
- It's a delicious, creamy treat everyone in the family enjoys!
- The sweetness can be easily adjusted to your personal preferences, from the amount of sweetener to the type of sweetener used.
- It makes a simple treat as is, or can be a delicious base for a brunch bowl, topped with low sugar granola, almonds, and fresh berries.
Ingredients You Need
Equipment You Need
Nothing crazy, just a bowl and a small whisk! A fork could even suffice in place of a small whisk, you'll just be sure to mix well.
How to Make This Recipe
It couldn't be any easier! Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and then whisk together until the yogurt and mix-ins are smoothly combined.
Top Tips for Homemade Chocolate Yogurt
- Adjust the amount and type of sweetener to your personal preference. Cane sugar, maple syrup, agave, and non-nutritive sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit also work well.
- Be sure to mix thoroughly! Any clumping from the cocoa powder will disappear with enough whisking. You can always sift the cocoa powder into the yogurt if you find your cocoa is especially clumpy!
Serve as is for a simple sweet treat, or bulk the yogurt into a small meal by adding ingredients like a peanut butter drizzle, slivered nuts, toasted seeds, fresh fruit, or granola.
Having a base of Greek yogurt means this tasty treat is rich in protein and calcium. Each serving (this recipe makes two) also has two grams of fiber, thanks to the high fiber content of cocoa powder! Add toppings like nuts, seeds, and fresh fruit to increase the fiber even more (which will make it more filling, too).
There is also far less added sugar than traditional store-bought sweetened yogurts. Try adding fruit like strawberries, blueberries, or banana slices for more natural sweetness!
Is it healthy?
Chocolate yogurt can absolutely fit in a healthy, balanced diet! It's a filling, high protein snack, and it can make a delicious vessel for other nourishing toppings, like fiber-filled fruit and nuts. Being very lightly sweetened means there is far less added sugar than the majority of store-bought sweetened yogurts.
Looking for more healthy, chocolate treats? Try these:
- Chocolate Cherry Almond Nice Cream
- Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! And if you're ready to stop dieting and create a balanced relationship with food and health, come join my FREE private community on Facebook!.
- 1 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon honey (or other sweetener or choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: berries, banana, slivered almonds, granola, mini chocolate chips, cacao nibs, etc.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smoothly combined.