This gluten-free banana bread recipe uses simple ingredients creating an easy quick bread great for breakfasts or snacks.
Can I tell you how much I love a good, simple banana bread recipe? Can't beat it! You don't need much, if any, sweetener because the super ripe bananas are so naturally sweet. Quick breads in nature are so much easier than breads requiring yeast and rise time, punching down, rising again, etc. I don't have time for that!
Unfortunately, the problem with a lot of gluten free baking is that many recipes require ingredients that I usually don't have on hand and are typically more expensive and complicated to use. I've been testing out basic banana bread recipes keeping ingredients simple, and I think I've found my winner!
Slather it with some peanut butter and banana slices for a powered up breakfast or enjoy as a simple snack. If you're feeling particularly crazy, you can always throw some mini chocolate chips in the batter and have a chocolaty banana dessert bread! However you try it, give it a go and let me know how you like it! Be well!
Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking loaf pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a butter knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and dig in!