This fruit pizza uses an easy pre-made gluten free pizza crust, a quick sweet ricotta spread, and whatever fresh fruit your heart desires for a simple summertime dessert!
So I'm pretty sure this fruit pizza just encapsulates summer. It's so easy, it's fun, and something the whole family can get on board with. You can customize it with whatever fruit you love, and a few simple ingredients later you end up with a chilled, sweet, delicious dessert! (Or snack, or even breakfast...I won't tell!)
With the Fourth of July coming up I (of course!) had to use all of the delicious, fresh berries that have been popping up at stores at local markets. They're so tasty this time of year, plus look oh-so-patriotic! Again, feel free to use whatever ingredients you love. I did a stone fruit variation with peaches, plums, and apricots that was out of this world, too! You could go tropical with mango, bananas, pineapple, and unsweetened shredded coconut sprinkled on top, or truly whatever you want! That's part of what makes this recipe so family-friendly, too. The kids can help spread the whipped ricotta on the cooled pizza crust and then can design their own masterpieces with whatever fruit mom or dad puts out! Enjoy for a family dessert after a day of fun in the sun, or something bring as the family contribution to the neighborhood potluck.
You can use whatever pizza crust base you want. I went with my favorite Udi's Gluten Free Pizza Crust because my family loves them and we usually have one or two in the freezer. FYI if you opt for a larger crust base you may need to double to whipped ricotta mixture! Which really isn't a bad idea anyway, I could eat this whipped ricotta with a spoon or dip all the fresh fruit in my fridge into it! I love the use of ricotta instead of cream cheese - it lightens up the whole dish, plus adds a nice protein punch...hence the reason I love it for a quick snack or part of breakfast, too!
Have fun with it, make it a family affair, and most of all - enjoy, and be well!
- 1 Udi’s gluten free pizza crust or other pizza crust base
- ½ cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon lemon
- Assorted fresh fruit for topping
- Bake your desired gluten free pizza crust to package instructions and then allow to cool.
- In a food processor whip the ricotta cheese with honey and lemon.
- Spread whipped ricotta on pizza crust.
- Top with fresh fruit – this is a fun, family-friendly snack or dessert where kiddos can pick whatever fruit they prefer and make their own designs!
- Slice and enjoy immediately or keep refrigerated until serving.