This iced tea is cool and refreshing with subtle sweet notes from fresh peaches and mint.
Whether you’re extending your holiday long weekend to a full-blown summer break or even if you’re back at work today, this peach green tea recipe is for you! It’s so easy to make a pitcher to enjoy with friends and family on a hot summer’s evening lounging outside, or if you’re inside working and really wishing for a taste of the long weekend again. I know my family and I drank it up over the long weekend!
I also know it’s an easy-enough recipe to throw together that I can make it over the weekend and have some fresh, flavorful, not-too-sweet tea to sip on during the work day. And with as busy as I get at work, I definitely need a sweet incentive like this peach green tea to remind me to stay hydrated!
As with everything, you can customize this to meet your needs. Hate mint? Leave it out! Prefer black tea, decaf tea, white tea, or whatever kind of tea? Use that! The basic structure of the recipe will be the same. Let me know how you guys like it! Keep the summer fun going with this peach green tea and be well!
Peachy Mint Iced Green Tea
- 6 green tea bags
- 6 cups water
- 2 peaches sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. When boiling, remove from heat.
- After water has been removed from heat for 1-2 minutes, carefully add sliced peaches and tea bags. Let the tea bags steep for 2 minutes then remove. Allow the peach slices to steep an additional 3 minutes, then remove to a separate container.
- Add honey to tea and finish cooling. Once cool, transfer to a pitcher or some other container and refrigerate for a couple hours or until chilled.
- Place ice, a few peach slices, and fresh mint in a tall glass. Pour tea into glasses and enjoy a refreshing, chilled, summery beverage!
- Note: you can also leave mint sprigs and peach slices in with the tea while refrigerating, but it will continue to flavor the tea!