This high-protein pesto turkey wrap is a quick, delicious lunch – perfect to pack for work, school, or life on the go. It features a creamy pesto sauce (with a surprising ingredient that adds more protein to this flavor-packed turkey pesto wrap).
This pesto turkey wrap makes for such a delicious lunch! It’s simple, but absolutely stuffed with flavor! And packed with protein, too, with at least 25 grams.
The star of the show? A creamy pesto sauce, that’s not just delicious but adds protein, with its base of whipped cottage cheese.
Enjoy this turkey pesto wrap as is, or serve with your favorite sides, like a nectarine caprese salad.
Why This Pesto Turkey Wrap Recipe is SO Good!
- High protein, with over 25 grams.
- Absolutely PACKED with flavor – an herby, creamy pesto sauce, combined with spicy sriracha and sweet balsamic glaze? Insane!
- It’s easy to make (especially if you pre-blend the cottage cheese, which I recommend).
- This wrap is so good!
For a full ingredient list with quantities, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Cottage Cheese: kind of a different ingredient for a sandwich/ wrap, but blending the cottage cheese gives it the silkiest, smoothest consistency – perfect to use as a spread.
- Pesto: Adds a ton of fresh, herby flavor. Use your favorite store bought or homemade.
- Tortilla: use your favorite tortilla (8″ minimum), but to dial in more nutrition, I recommend a high protein and high fiber tortilla.
- Turkey: use whichever sliced turkey/ deli turkey you think tastes best.
- Cheese: I love a good thinly sliced provolone, but thinly sliced Swiss would also be delicious.
- Vegetables: keep it simple with some shredded lettuce and thinly sliced tomato.
- More Flavor: while optional, I highly recommend adding a drizzle of both sriracha and balsamic glaze for a spicy sweetness that takes the pesto wrap to the next level.
For complete instructions, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- In a small bowl, combine the whipped cottage cheese and pesto. Set aside.
- On a plate, assemble your wrap. Place the tortilla on a plate, then (in this order) layer on the cheese slices, creamy pesto spread, lettuce, tomato, turkey, and then top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and sriracha.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla in, then roll burrito-style, serve, and enjoy.
- I find whipped cottage cheese extremely versatile, so I tend to pre-blend a container of cottage cheese as soon as I bring it home from the store. That makes creating this wrap even easier.
- Placing the cheese on the tortilla first helps create a barrier from the tortilla getting too wet from the sauce or vegetables.
- Putting the pesto spread on top of the cheese, then the lettuce on top of it, allows the pesto spready to permeate and lightly “dress” the lettuce, giving even more flavor to every crunchy bite.
- Of course, use a deli turkey that you enjoy. I recommend one without added nitrates/ nitrites and the simplest ingredients. Trader Joe’s has an option with just turkey and salt.
Substitutions & Variations
- You can substitute deli chicken or ham for the turkey.
- I find cottage cheese has a more neutral flavor than Greek yogurt, but if you really don’t like cottage cheese, try substituting with Greek yogurt instead. (It will slightly change the flavor.)
- Not a spicy/ heat fan? Skip the sriracha.
- You can substitute thinly sliced Swiss cheese instead of the provolone (or another cheese of your choice).
Supplies You’ll Need
As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a small amount from qualifying affiliate purchases at no cost to you.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Nut-Free Pesto
- Pesto Chicken Wrap
- Pasta al Pesto with Blistered Tomatoes
- Pesto Crusted Salmon
- Lemon Pesto
- Pesto Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Nectarine Caprese Salad
- Chicken Pesto Sliders
- Pesto Fried Rice
- Kale and Mushroom Egg Bites with Pesto
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more balanced nutrition and simple, healthy-ish recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
Pesto Turkey Wrap
To Make Whipped Cottage Cheese:
- If making your own whipped cottage cheese, simply blend cottage cheese until it's smooth and creamy. I like to use an immersion blender and blend a container of cottage cheese to have on hand for sauces, dips, and more.
Turkey Pesto Wrap
- In a small bowl, stir together whipped cottage cheese and pesto. Set aside.1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon pesto
- Place tortilla on a plate, then layer on thinly sliced provolone, creamy pesto sauce, shredded lettuce, tomato slices, and deli turkey. Drizzle with sriracha and balsamic glaze, if desired.1 8" tortilla, 2 slices provolone, 3 ounces deli turkey, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/2 roma tomato, 1/2 teaspoon sriracha, 1/2 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- Fold the sides of the wrap in, then roll the wrap burrito style. Cut in half, if desired, then serve and enjoy.