Cilantro lime dressing is a zesty, flavor-packed healthy salad dressing. It’s needs just a few ingredients, a quick blend, and you’re ready to add to yummy salads, like this mango chicken salad!
Let me preface this by saying I know – cilantro is super polarizing. But if you’re here, I’m going to assume you’re a cilantro fan.
Around here, we love cilantro for its flavor and for how affordable and accessible it is. This dressing pairs the bold flavors of cilantro with bright and zesty lime juice. A touch of sweetness rounds out the dressing in the best way.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Dressing
It couldn’t be simpler to make. While this only takes a minute (literally), the most time consuming task is plucking the cilantro leaves off the stems. Then, you grab your trusty blender or food processor, add all ingredients, and blend or process for a minute until it’s smoothly combined!
Recipe Notes & Substitutions
While this is already a super basic and streamlined recipe with simple ingredients, here are a few notes and substitution ideas.
- Swap your citrus. While it won’t be “cilantro lime”, if you don’t like lime, you can always substitute lemon juice, or even orange juice for an even sweeter dressing (or go half-and-half with lime and orange juice).
- Vary your herbs. If you you want to switch it up, swap out cilantro for other fresh herbs like fresh basil or parsley.
- No honey? Substitute an equal amount of another liquid sweetener, like agave nectar. Maple syrup could be used too, but it has a more pronounced and noticeable flavor.
- Garlic lover? Add a clove of garlic before blending! I preferred it without, but my husband preferred it with. Your choice!
How long will it last?
As with most homemade salad dressings, there are no additives or preservatives so this cilantro lime dressing has a sooner use-by date than store-bought salad dressing; I would recommend using within one week.
Lime juice tends to taste best fresh, though, so consuming your cilantro lime dressing on salads or even as a marinade for proteins will taste best soonest after you make it.
Also – don’t be alarmed if your cilantro lime dressing has separation! As there are no emulsifiers or additives like gums, the cilantro lime dressing will separate over time. Just give it a quick shake and you’ll be good to go!
Related Salad Dressing Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Honey Mustard Dressing (yogurt-based!)
- Southwest Salad Dressing
- Blueberry Lime Dressing (paired with a delicious golden beet salad!)
- Greek Vinaigrette on this Greek lentil salad
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more balanced nutrition and simple, healthy-ish recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup avocado oil or other neutral oil
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a small food processor or blend.
- Blend or process on high for 30-60 seconds, or until ingredients are smoothly combined.
- This cilantro lime dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to one week.