Grilled steak fajitas veggie bowls are an easy, healthy dinner recipe that's light and full of veggies!
Steak fajitas are always a fan favorite and these grilled steak fajitas veggie bowls are no exception. The only difference is this steak fajitas recipe has a heavy a focus on veggies, making it a lighter version full of simple and fresh ingredients. Perfect for easy, healthy dinners and summer grilling!
Flank steak is the star of this grilled steak fajitas recipe, and it's packed with flavor from a simple steak fajitas marinade full of spices and lime juice. Yet even with the delicious steak, we can't forget about the veggies! After all, this grilled steak fajitas veggie bowl totally hits over-achiever status with the whole "half your plate veggies" thing. 😉
Half of the veggie power in these grilled steak fajitas veggie bowls comes from the peppers and onions sliced and grilled in a foil packet with some fajita seasoning. Yup, the same seasonings used in the marinade are used on the veggies! The easiest way to make veggies taste good (and add more nutrients and antioxidants) is to add some spices!
The rest of the veggies come from my recent coconut cauliflower rice recipe. It's SUCH a quick and easy healthy dinner recipe staple, and one of my favorite pairings for it so far are these grilled steak fajitas veggie bowls! It has a hint of creamy sweetness and it tastes so great with the fajita seasonings.
Don't forget to pin this recipe to save and try later! If you give this summer-festive, light and healthy easy dinner recipe a try, leave a comment and review below. Or share a picture of your grilled steak fajitas veggie bowls on social media (tag @nutritiontofit and #nutritiontofit!). Eat well and live well!
Need other easy, healthy dinner recipes? Try these NTF faves:
- Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies
- One-Pot Lentil Pasta Primavera
- Easy Sheet Pan Lemon Sesame Salmon
- Flaxseed Chicken Tenders
- Grilled Salmon with 4-Ingredient Orange Herb Marinade
Grilled Steak Fajitas Veggie Bowl
Grilled Flank Steak & Marinade:
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil (or other high heat neutral oil)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
Grilled Fajita Veggies
- 1 bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 small red onion sliced into half-moon slices
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other high heat, neutral oil)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Other Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 batch coconut cauliflower rice
- optional garnish: cilantro, lime wedges, avocado
- Combine flank steak and all marinade ingredients in an enclosed glass container or resealable bag. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Prior to grilling, remove marinated steak from refrigerator and sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Take two 16" pieces of aluminum foil, cross them, then pile sliced vegetables and seasonings in the center. Fold the aluminum foil over to fully cover and enclose the fajita vegetables in a packet.
- Preheat the grill. Once grill is hot, place flank steak and foil packet of fajita veggies on the grill grates. Grill steak approximately 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or according to personal done preference. Fajita vegetables cook for the whole time the steak is on the grill.
- If you don't already have a batch of coconut cauliflower rice prepared, start preparing that now (it takes around 10 minutes, which is approximately how long it takes the grilled steak fajitas and veggies to cook).
- Once steak is done, remove steak and veggie foil packet from the grill. Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. When slicing, be sure to slice against the grain of the meat.
- Assemble grilled steak fajitas veggie bowls by adding coconut cauliflower rice, grilled fajita veggies, and sliced grilled fajita steaks in a bowl. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Magnificent web site. Lots of helpful information here.
I'm sending it to a few pals ans also sharing in delicious.
And obviously, thanks to your effort!
I have read so many posts regarding the blogger lovers however this
post is in fact a good article, keep it up.