Air fryer cinnamon rolls are slightly crisp but perfectly soft inside – seriously the BEST way to make cinnamon rolls from a tube. And the fact that they bake faster, more evenly, and require hardly any clean up is just the icing on the cake! Er, cinnamon roll.😉
Yes, I am a dietitian but my family enjoys treats like cinnamon rolls just like anyone else. And while I can make from-scratch cinnamon rolls, let’s be real – I don’t always want to! Plus sometimes those refrigerated cinnamon rolls in a tube hit just right!
These air fryer cinnamon rolls are a treat my family has made off and on for over a year now – they make a delicious dessert, or a fun brunch treat, too. (Check out my tips below for how to incorporate these into a balanced breakfast!)
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They’re fast – less than 10 minutes and you’ve got warm, gooey cinnamon rolls ready to go!
- Minimal clean up – I line my air fryer tray with a piece of parchment paper, bake the cinnamon rolls directly on it, and then toss when done. Yup – no pan! It doesn’t get any easier!
- They’re delicious – whether it’s the childhood nostalgia or just enjoying a gooey, sweet treat, they’re delicious!
What You Need to Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
For ingredients, all you need are cinnamon rolls! I roll with a basic, regular-sized cinnamon roll in a tube (although you can use jumbo rolls if that’s your jam, just add a few minutes to the cooking time).
And go with whatever’s your favorite! I’m indeterminate with my cinnamon roll brands – Pillsbury are great, but honestly I buy generic store brands, too, and they’re delish.
You also need an air fryer to make these air fryer cinnamon rolls. I used my Instant Pot Air Fryer, but any air fryer will work as long as you can place all the cinnamon rolls in the air fryer basket without overlap.
Oh, and don’t forget some parchment paper for quick and easy clean up!
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer:
I like to start by cutting a piece of parchment paper to fit on top of the air fryer rack. This step is not necessary, so skip if you don’t feel like doing it (it doesn’t affect the final product), but it makes for the easiest clean up since nothing is sticking directly to your air fryer rack.
Next up, open your cinnamon rolls tube (watch for the pop!) and set the icing aside.
Place the cinnamon rolls directly on the rack (or the parchment paper on top of it). Yup, no need for a pan! Just be sure to space the rolls about a half-inch apart.
How Long to Cook Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls:
To bake cinnamon rolls in your air fryer, air fry at 360 degrees for 7-8 minutes. If you like yours extra crispy, add an extra minute or two.
When the cinnamon rolls are done, take them out and drizzle with your reserved icing (or make and top with your own!).
How long do you cook Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the air fryer?
Regular-size Pillsbury cinnamon rolls need 8 minutes in the air fryer.
Jumbo-size Pillsbury cinnamon rolls need about 10-12 minutes in the air fryer.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
HOT TIP: If this is your first time making them in your air fryer, I would check around 5-7 minutes to make sure your air fryer isn’t over-browning the cinnamon rolls. If they look too browned you can flip them, but I’ve never had to do that.
Storage & Reheating
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.
- To reheat, pop a cinnamon roll in the microwave for 10 seconds for a softer cinnamon roll, or back in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes for a crisper exterior.
Substitutions & Variations
You can use whatever kind of cinnamon rolls you prefer! Basic cinnamon rolls, cream cheese cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, etc.
If you like to go the semi-homemade route you can make your own frosting, or spice up the included frosting with a dash of vanilla, few shakes of cinnamon, or some citrus zest.
Wait, so are these healthy?
These cinnamon rolls may be made in an air fryer, but let’s be real – they are not a health food. That said, they totally can fit into a healthy, balanced diet no matter what your health goals are.
“Healthy” is a very subjective label, but ultimately it’s about finding a balance that works for you. A balance that can include all the kale salads, chia pudding, and smoothies AND cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip cookies.
My goal behind every recipe, every article, and every course I offer here at Nutrition to Fit is to help you create your own healthy balance.
How to Include Cinnamon Rolls in a Balanced Meal
To be clear, you have the autonomy to eat cinnamon rolls and to eat them with whatever and however you want.
That said, if you’re curious how you could enjoy a cinnamon roll as part of a more balanced meal, I’ve got you. These simple strategies will help keep your blood sugar more stable and keep your energy up and not wanting to snack again in an hour.
- Carbs Need Friends! Your blood sugar will be grateful when you consume carbs with friends – protein, fat, and fiber! I’ve added protein and fat to the plate above with the addition of scrambled eggs.
- Add Some Color. Something like a cinnamon roll is not going to offer much fiber itself, so add a little color on the side. I added raspberries to the breakfast plate above, but you could also add something like vegetables to an egg scramble.
- Eat Protein, Fat, and Fiber First. From a blood sugar control perspective, this is another strategy that can help create a more gradual blood sugar release. This way when you eat the cinnamon roll, there will already be protein, fat, and fiber in your system slowing the absorption of glucose into your blood stream.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
Like these air fryer cinnamon rolls? Try these other air fryer recipes, too!
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Toast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Did you make this recipe? Give it a 5★ rating below! For more balanced nutrition and simple, healthy-ish recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tube cinnamon rolls
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over the rack in your air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you made need some scissors to trim the parchment to fit better.
- Open the tube of cinnamon rolls and set the icing aside.
- Place cinnamon rolls directly on the parchment-lined rack – no need for a pan! Space them apart slightly, about 1/2-inch apart.
- Air fry at 360 degrees for 8 minutes. If this is your first time making them in your air fryer, I would check around 5-7 minutes to make sure your air fryer isn't over-browning the cinnamon rolls. If they're looking too browned you can flip them, but I've never had to do that.
- When done, remove from the air fryer, drizzle with reserved icing, and enjoy!