Turkey BLT lettuce cups are a perfect recipe for Thanksgiving turkey leftovers. They're great for an easy lunch or easy appetizer, fast with just a few ingredients!
The days after Thanksgiving typically mean a plethora of leftovers for most people! But the thing with leftovers is they can be majorly divisive - people either love them or hate them. Me personally? I ride the fence...leftovers save me a lot of time (and money!) but I get over them fast. Which is why I love repurposing leftovers into new dishes - like these turkey BLT lettuce cups!
These little turkey BLT lettuce cups work as either a fun appetizer or a lunch. They creamy BLT turkey salad is 100% sturdy enough to pack for lunch, packing a few lettuce leaves separately. They're very quick and easy to make and you have some flexibility with ingredient specifics. Bottom line? Turkey BLT lettuce cups absolutely need to go on your list of Thanksgiving leftovers recipes!
Turkey BLT Lettuce Cups Recipe Notes
Does it matter what type of turkey I use?
Nope! The beauty of these turkey BLT lettuce cups is that they're really flexible and forgiving. You can use white or dark turkey meat or a mix of both - whatever you prefer and have on hand.
Do I have to use grape tomatoes?
You certainly don't have to, but I love using grape or cherry tomatoes in this recipe because they aren't as juicy and wet as sliced larger tomatoes. If you chop a larger tomato, just make sure to discard excess tomato pulp and seeds. You could also try finely chopping some sundried tomatoes for a super flavor-packed option!
What can I use instead of mayonnaise - I don't like mayo.
You have options. You can use all mayonnaise, all plain Greek yogurt, half mayo/ half Greek yogurt (my favorite option), or even mash some avocado to use as a creamy binder.
Can I use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon?
Looking for more Thanksgiving leftovers recipes?
- Try these mashed potato patties with your leftover mashed potatoes.
- Leftover cranberry sauce? Add it to oatmeal, toast, or in smoothies!
- Leftover mashed or roasted sweet potatoes? Try using it as a base in these sweet and savory sweet potato bowls, great for any time of day!
- With pretty much any type of leftover roasted or steamed vegetable, you can add it to salads or pasta dishes to repurpose them. Check out the bottom of these prosciutto green beans post to see how I repurposed those leftovers into a pasta dish!
- You could also swap leftover turkey for chicken in my popular chicken and spinach spaghetti squash bake.
Looking for other simple lunch recipes?
- Avocado Veggie Egg Salad
- 5-Minute Broccoli Kale Quinoa Salad
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry with Garlic Ginger Sauce
- Chicken & Kale White Bean Chili
- Spiced Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup
- Coconut Lime Chicken Collard Wraps
And that's it! These turkey BLT lettuce cups are a super simple leftover Thanksgiving turkey recipe. I can't wait to hear how you enjoy them! Rate the recipe and leave a comment below. And if you take a pic, be sure to share it to social media tagging me (@nutritiontofit #nutritiontofit). Live well!
Turkey BLT Lettuce Cups
- 1 cup leftover turkey chopped
- 2 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 4 grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 4 butter lettuce leaves (or other lettuce leaf)
- optional salt and pepper to taste
- Add turkey, bacon, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and greek yogurt to a bowl and stir to combine. If needed, add salt and pepper to taste (if your turkey was bland you may need to add this seasoning step).
- Serve the turkey BLT salad on the butter lettuce leaves. Enjoy!