Sheet pan chicken and vegetables is a must-have recipe for all those busy weeknights. Use whatever vegetables you have to create a protein and fiber-rich dinner in under 30 minutes!
Raise your hand if you like cooking, but sometimes you’re just super busy and need a quick, wholesome dinner. (*raises hand*) This recipe for sheet pan chicken and vegetables is for YOU!
Sheet pan chicken and vegetables basically meets all the criteria for a weeknight dinner.
Easy sheet pan dinner requirements:
- 30 minutes or less
- simple ingredients you have in your kitchen or can find at nearly any store
- can prepare ahead
- feeds the whole family (plus possibly some leftovers!)
- versatile (swap out spices, use on salads, over rice, in wraps, etc.)
Even if you don’t prepare anything ahead of time, this sheet pan dinner will be on your table 30 minutes after you start chopping chicken and veggies. If you’re a master meal prepper, you can totally chop the chicken and veggies beforehand and store in a gallon-size resealable bag with the olive oil and spices already added. Then you’ll just need to empty the bag on a sheet pan and stick it in the oven!
What to serve with your sheet pan chicken and vegetables:
You can certainly load up on the protein and fiber-rich vegetables in this easy sheet pan dinner, but I tend to enjoy something starchy with my dinners (like rice, sweet potatoes, etc.). While this sheet pan dinner is in the oven, you could quickly make some instant brown rice to pair with it. Or, roast a few sweet potatoes over the weekend. Even more last minute? Poke a few holes in your sweet potato with a fork, wrap it in a damp paper towel, and microwave while the sheet pan dinner is cooking (like what I did here with these purple sweet potatoes).
How to use sheet pan chicken and vegetables leftovers:
You can see this makes a big ol’ batch of chicken and veggies. If you’re only cooking for 1-2 people, that’s okay! You can always cut the recipe in half. That said, I loved all the leftovers. I had leftovers for lunch, snacked on a few pieces of veggies and chicken for a snack, etc. Try using the leftovers in the following ways:
- add to a salad
- make a grain bowl base with leafy greens and a grain like quinoa and serve leftovers on top
- on top creamy yogurt-whipped polenta
- in a wrap
- stirred into a soup for added protein and veggies
- however else you get creative!
Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies
Sheet pan chicken and veggies is a must-have recipe for all those busy weeknights. Use whatever vegetables you have to create a protein and fiber-rich dinner in under 30 minutes!
free from: gluten, dairy, soy, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs
- 8 cups chopped vegetables I used grape tomatoes, broccoli florets, bell pepper, summer squash
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil or other oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil for easier clean up.
- Place all chopped chicken and vegetables on the sheet pan. Top with olive oil and spices, and toss to combine.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Make ahead tip: Chop all vegetables and chicken and place in a large resealable bag or container with the olive oil and spices. Can be stored in the refrigerator overnight.
Nutrition information will vary based on which vegetables are used.