I love simple food. Now don’t get me wrong, I also really love the process of making a roasted chicken, baking something from scratch, or homemade tomato sauce. But I need a balance…as much as I love spending time in the kitchen, there are many days where I just need to get in and get out and move on! This Spiralized Cucumber Sesame Salad is just for those days.
While there are only a few ingredients and it doesn’t take long to make, this Spiralized Cucumber Sesame Salad sounds kind of fancy, so you can feel impressed with yourself and impress your fam, too. 😉 Alone it’s refreshing summer side dish as is, or you can use it as a delicious salad base and add grilled salmon, tofu, or shrimp on top. Maybe even add a few other veggies, like shredded carrots or thinly sliced radish.
On top of the Spiralized Cucumber Sesame Salad being easy, tasty, and refreshing from the hydrating cucumbers, it’s one of those recipes can feel therapeutic when making it. I’ve been loving my Inspiralizer, and how it feels almost relaxing to just pop a veggie on and spin, spin, spin! While I certainly don’t think you have to always swap out your noodles for zucchini noodles to be “healthier”, (see my post on The Problem with Healthy Eating), you’ve got to do what works for you, and my family and I have been loving the fun shapes and tastes from a spiralizer! Plus (this may be me getting crazy here!), I feel like the process of spiralizing a fruit or vegetable just makes me more mindful in the preparation process, which can sometimes set the plate (so to speak) for a more mindful eating experience.
Food can nourish so much more than our bellies, we just have to take a step back and let it. And enjoy it!
Let me know when you try this salad, and tell me about your experience when trying to focus on a more mindful eating experience! Intrigued and want to learn more about mindful nutrition and working with me? Book a free clarity call with me today. When you try this Spiralized Cucumber Sesame Salad be sure to tag me (@nutritiontofit and #nutritiontofit) on Instagram, or share on my Facebook page. Happy veggie noodle-making, and be well!
Spiralized Cucumber Sesame SaladPrint
- 1 medium firm cucumber (or 2 firm pickling cucumbers)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Optional garnish: additional toasted sesame seeds
- Wash cucumber. Using a spiralizer on a thicker noodle or "fettucine noodle" style setting, spiralize the cucumber. Please follow your spiralizer instructions for optimal safety.
- Take a paper towel and gently absorb any excess moisture from cucumber noodles.
- Using kitchen shears, cut cucumber noodles into more manageable strands.
- Whisk together dressing of rice vinegar, sesame oil, agave nectar, ginger, and sesame seeds.
- Toss cucumber noodles with the sesame dressing.
- If desired, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top for added garnish.