Happy Friday! Nothing wrong with pizza Fridays, right guys? My husband and I love defaulting to little “themed” days sometimes (like pizza Fridays, taco Tuesdays…) as a way to get inspiration when we’re stuck in that perpetual “I don’t know, what do you want?” cycle for dinner. Something that’s always a favorite is the good ol’ pizza Friday! The thing is – I want veg. I want to freshen up my pizza a tad!
This recipe totally fits that bill. A bright spinach pesto is spread on a pizza crust and topped with some mozzarella, asparagus, and prosciutto. I know I’ve waxed poetic about prosciutto on here before, but I love that you still get that salty taste, but with a much leaner cut of meat. Plus I find it way tastier than some higher saturated fat options you typically find on pizzas, like pepperoni or even bacon!
Basically, this pizza is my pizza night dream. The pesto sauce is bright and brings so much fresh flavor. It combines two of my all-time favorite veggies, spinach and asparagus, with that salty prosciutto and boom! A pizza is born that doesn’t leave you feeling heavy and bogged down after eating.
A note about the crust: use whatever you want! You can buy any pre-made crust or make your own pizza dough. If you’re short on time and gluten-free like myself, I recommend the Udi’s Pizza Crusts. Love these! They come two to pack (this recipe just calls for one), and are a fast and delicious option for a gluten free pizza base! Plus I love that I can buy just the crust itself so I can top it however I desire.
Let me know if you try it, and let me know what your favorite pizza toppings are!
Spinach Pesto Asparagus Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 Udi's gluten-free thin and crispy pizza crust or other crust of your desire
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 spears of asparagus
- 1 slice prosciutto
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the spinach pesto sauce by using a food processor to combine the spinach, extra virgin olive oil, lemon, and parmesan.
- Top pizza crust with the spinach pesto and then layer on the remaining toppings.
- Place the pizza on a cookie sheet, pizza pan, or baking stone and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!