This spiced pear smoothie is a sweet snack smoothie that has a secret veggie ingredient that doesn’t change the flavor!
Smoothies seem to be one of those things that are just EVERYWHERE in healthy living circles, ya know? But for good reason:
- it’s easy to blend a bunch of nutritious foods into one smoothie
- they’re portable for busy mornings
- there’s a lot you can do for variety
- it’s easy to always have ingredients (like frozen fruit, veggies, seeds, etc.) on hand to make
If it’s not too cold where you live/ you can stomach a cold smoothie, this spiced pear smoothie is a great winter option. It contains:
- pear (high in fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants)
- zucchini (high in fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants, low in calories/ carbs)
- milk/ milk alternative (health benefits will vary based on type of milk used, but I like to use a milk/ milk sub that’s higher in protein for a little extra boost!)
- cinnamon (anti-inflammatory, full of antioxidants, and can increase your body’s sensitivity to the hormone insulin)
- ginger (can prevent nausea and has anti-inflammatory properties that can decrease muscle pain and soreness)
You can also always choose to add any smoothie enhancers that you love. Things like protein powder (try to use one with few ingredients!), seeds (like chia, hemp, flax), yogurt, adaptogens (like ashwagandha, reishi, maca, etc.), or any of your fave go-to smoothie add-ins.
Pro tip: this spiced pear smoothie is designed as more of a snack, so if you’re having it for a meal, be sure it’s a part of a meal or add a little extra bulk to it, like with yogurt, oats, protein powder, seeds, nut/ nut butter, etc.
If you happen to give this spiced pear smoothie a try (or make any variations of it), please be sure to share with the NTF community on facebook, or on Instagram tagging me (you can tag my username @nutritiontofit or hashtag #nutritiontofit).
Enjoy, and be well!
Spiced Pear Smoothie
This spiced pear smoothie is a sweet snack smoothie that has a secret veggie ingredient that doesn't change the flavor!
free from: gluten, dairy, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts
- 1 pear chopped with seeds/ stem removed
- 1/2 cup frozen zucchini slices
- 1/3 cup milk/ milk substitute
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- optional: any additional smoothie enhancers of preference, i.e. yogurt, chia seeds, hemp seeds, protein powder, oats, etc.
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed for 30-60 seconds, or until blended smoothly.
Nutrition information was calculated using hemp milk. Type of milk used along with any additional add-ins will change nutrition information listed.