Rosemary Garlic Roasted Cauliflower makes a sophisticated vegetarian side dish, perfect for the holidays. Bonus? It's really low-maintenance, gluten-free, dairy-free, and ideal to bring to gatherings where friends and families may have food allergies or sensitivities.
I know many people love the holidays, myself included, but it can be really easy to get caught up in the to-do list of the season instead of the spirit of the season. That's why I love sharing inspiration for recipes that can be a welcome addition to a sophisticated holiday spread, but that require simple ingredients and are relatively low-maintenance.
This Rosemary Garlic Roasted Cauliflower fits the bill. It needs just a few simple ingredients and then all you have to do is pop the whole thing in the oven for a bit while you finish getting everything else ready! And while cauliflower may not be something you traditionally think of gracing your holiday table, I love presenting the whole roasted cauliflower like this. It just adds a little extra pizazz of sophistication and special for a holiday table.
I used one of my favorite new snacks, Simple Mills' Rosemary & Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers, to create the bread crumbs. You can certainly use any cracker or bread crumb you desire, but I love the ingredients in the Simple Mills crackers and the added rosemary flavor really takes this rosemary garlic roasted cauliflower over the edge!
This Rosemary Garlic Roasted Cauliflower is vegetarian (vegan, gluten, dairy, and nut-free, too, as long as your bread crumbs or crackers are!). Given that it's such a simple dish with simple ingredients (that can easily be swapped if needed), it makes a great addition of something a little different for friends and family who have food allergies or sensitivities. Not to mention a great vegetarian side dish besides more mashed potatoes and green beans. 😉
If you give this Rosemary Garlic Roasted Cauliflower a try, be sure to let me know how you like it! Share a picture and comment with the NTF community on Facebook or on Instagram, tagging me (@nutritiontofit and #nutritiontofit). I hope you enjoy it!
Rosemary Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 rosemary sprigs stem removed and minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free bread crumbs or crushed gluten-free crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the leaves and cut the stem off the bottom of the cauliflower so that it can sit level in a baking dish. Place the cauliflower in a baking dish.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic,rosemary, salt and pepper. Spread it on top of the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the cauliflower.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes, or until cauliflower is golden brown on top and tender inside.