Ohhh man, just looking at the picture is making my mouth water for these delicious Prosciutto Egg Cups again! Good news – I have leftovers! These are a total make ahead food so you can have these delicious little cups at the ready. We all know life gets busy. I mean, I have to be at work by 7:30 and I like to workout in the mornings so that leaves me with very limited time! Making these Prosciutto Egg Cups over the weekend gives me an easy protein option for a quick grab, 20-30 second microwave, and go! Perfect for easy protein to help my muscles recover after morning workouts and keep my belly full and satisfied for the day ahead! I like to pair one of these with oatmeal or gluten free whole grain toast for a more well-rounded breakfast.
And like most of my recipes (you’ll see!), it’s pretty flexible and easily customizable. Don’t like mushrooms or kale? Use whatever veggies you like! No prosciutto? While I love prosciutto for a leaner, salty bacon type crunch, you could use deli ham or deli turkey. You can even use only egg whites instead of whole eggs. And go crazy with other flavor pairings!
- Southwestern: Cracked pepper deli turkey + peppers + onions
- Cordon Bleu: Deli ham + mushrooms + top with a little Swiss cheese
- Popeye: Any meat + spinach
- French onion: Prosciutto, caramelized onions, sprinkled with a little Gruyere, Fontina, or Swiss cheese
- Whatever floats your boat!