This omelet makes for a super fun breakfast or brunch entrée, or even a fun combination of pizza night plus breakfast for dinner!
Anyone else out there have a family who loves regular pizza nights? This is a fun play on pizza night (or pizza breakfast) that the whole family will love!
It’s also a fun way to show your kids that food can be fun! Just because you may not like a food in one form, doesn’t mean you won’t like it in another (shoot, I’m like that! I don’t like raw onions but love caramelized or cooked onions!). So if you’ve got a picky eater who isn’t too fond of eggs in scrambled form, give it a try in pizza form!
It’s also very much a husband-approved recipe. I tested a couple different breakfast/ brunch recipes a while back, and this omelet seemed to disappear before it barely made it out of the pan! Hopefully it will be a winner with your family as much as it is with mine! Try it out, and be well!
Open Faced Pizza OmeletPrint
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices pepperoni chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- Seasonings: dried oregano garlic powder, salt, pepper, and either fresh or dried basil
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Heat a very small amount of olive oil in skillet and brush it around.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour eggs into skillet.
- As eggs are starting to set, season the top of the open-faced omelet with oregano and garlic powder. If using dried basil you can also add a pinch now, but if using fresh basil save it for the end.
- Drizzle the tomato sauce over eggs and top with chopped pepperoni and shredded mozzarella.
- Once the eggs have set, turn off heat. The residual heat from the eggs will continue to melt the cheese if it’s not yet melted.
- If using fresh basil, julienne or chop it finely and add to the top of the omelet as you turn it off.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!