Hearty Vegetable Chili is loaded with vegetables and packed with plant protein, like three kinds of beans and quinoa, for a delicious plant-based chili.
Who doesn’t love a good chili this time of year? We may not have many cooler days in Florida, but the first day of cooler temperatures always has me reaching to my pantry for chili supplies!
The beautiful thing about chili, too, is that it is just so darn versatile. Plus, on top of being versatile, it’s typically a pretty forgiving recipe if you want to try adding a little of this and a little of that.
This Hearty Vegetable Chili is perfect for that. In the recipe below I’ve listed everything I used to prepare this chili, but you can totally get flexible and creative. Use what you have and what you love! Some ideas:
- Use any type of dark leafy green instead of kale (kale works beautifully here, but you can also try Swiss chard, bok choy, spinach, etc.)
- Use any type or combination of beans you love. You could even use lentils instead of beans!
- Don’t have any quinoa but have brown rice? Use that instead.
- Have an extra zucchini in your veggie drawer? Chop that up and add that too!
Or you can make it exactly as listed below. 😉 I do have to say, while I totally advocate for y’all doing what fits for you, I strongly recommend the spice combination. I’ve never added cinnamon to chili before, but it combination with the other spices it. just. works. Ugh, it’s SO dang good, it doesn’t taste weird or sweet or anything, it just really complements the warming palate of the other spices so well.
If you try it, let me know! Were you a fan of the cinnamon added to the spices or are you more traditional with your spice preferences? Or is that old news, no biggie to ya? 😉 Share your thoughts in the comments below, and please share a pic with me of your finished product on the NTF Facebook page or by tagging me (@nutritiotofit) on Instagram with #nutritiontofit!
Want to try some of my other favorite nourishing fall recipes?
- Butternut Sage Carbonara
- Pumpkin Falafel
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Apple Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Spice Buckwheat Granola