Our society has become obsessed with health, and while the pursuit of health is a noble endeavor, it often sours. Many mistake physical appearance and body size for health and spend years trying to manipulate their bodies into societal-dictated aesthetic norms that end up leading them further away from a life of wellness. Nutrition to Fit is about to change that!
We have become inundated with health and diet information that is contradictory and beyond confusing. Food has been put on a pedestal, with every other brand or expert forcefully categorizing food as good and bad, trying to convince you that their method is the panacea for all.
Each of us is so unique. We all bring our individual genes, environmental influence, cultural influence, familial upbringing, religious influence, and more to the table. Even just based on genetics alone, how can we assume a one-size-fits-all? Why does a one-size-fits-all diet sound way more appealing than a one-size-fits-all shoe? They’re both equally ridiculous!
Nutrition to Fit is about the pursuit of health. It’s about YOU and finding what works for you to live a vibrant life.
Here are some main components of our philosophy:
- Science. Nutrition, while a very young science with ever-evolving research, is still a science. We always make sure there is a foundation of science and research to everything we do.
- Intuitive Eating. Intuitive eating is all about eating without external influence in a way that makes your body feel its best. It bridges anti-diet and mindfulness with health.
- Health (Not Size). Nutrition to Fit is about finding ways to add enjoyable health-giving habits to your day, appreciating the body you have now, and not forcing your body into an imaginary ideal.
- Authenticity. Be true to yourself, your body, and your mind. Use your health and mental freedom from diets to live a life full of integrity, more transparent to your original self.
- Mindful Movement. Exercise is not to be punishment! Just because you ate a cupcake last night does not mean you have to run an extra mile today. Find ways to move your body that feel good and work for you!
- Community. Nutrition to Fit is here to be part of a health-inspiring community for you! Off screen, we’re big believers in the importance of your personal community, like your friends and family.
- Fun! When you let go of food rules and diet “shoulds” and focus on what feels good to your body, it is so much more fun! It also frees you mentally to enjoy the life that you’re creating without getting hangry or stressing about your pants size.
- Color. We’re all about living life vibrantly, and that includes our food! We love to use color as a fun and gentle way to add more nutrition to our meals without obsessing over food rules.
Nutrition to Fit is all about abundantly living a life of vibrant wellness, authentic to yourself. We are so excited you are here!